Consulta Europa has a communication department specialised in the elaboration of effective communication and dissemination strategies, based on the experience of working with European projects. These actions are fundamental to ensure that the project and its results are known by the most relevant stakeholders through the appropriate channels. On the other hand, both internal and external communication actions are also offered as additional services to the project at the corporate level, with the option to contract each one separately. Communication services include:
The communication actions of the press office include different activities according to the stipulated calendar. In order to attract the attention of the media, both at regional, national, and international level, the communication actions are:
- Drafting and sending press releases and dissemination of news related to the project, the events held and the planned communication actions.
- Elaboration of a database of specific media, paying special attention to regional and national generalist media, as well as specialised media. European/international media will also be taken into account.
- Management of interviews with participants and speakers in radio, press and television.
- Preparing your own interviews with participants, partners and collaborators.
- Drafting and sending out press announcements for planned project events.
- Organisation of press conferences for the official and technical presentation.
- Coordination with the press and protocol offices of public institutions.
- Reinforcement tasks, through email marketing and telephone calls, as well as confirmation of attendance at meetings and reception of communications.
- Making available to the media the permanent download links of the photographic and audiovisual material generated in the different programmed events, thanks to the implementation of a dedicated server.
- Sending of photographic and audiovisual material to the media via corporate e-mail as a complement to the server.
- Informative and logistical assistance for the needs of the media covering the events and actions planned.
- Permanent contact with journalists, as well as on-site assistance on their arrival.
- Provision of an updating service for all the information generated.
- Compilation of the impact generated in the media (agencies, written and digital press, radio and television) and preparation of the clipping.
- Updating of the media list, registration of new contacts, systematisation and conversion into a database.
- Preparation and design of a press kit and informative annexes.
- Sending of audio-visual material (tails, raw, totals, etc.) to the media.
- Translation of press releases if necessary.
- Preparation of the final communication report.
The generation of content and the drafting and dissemination of press releases from a specialised communications office is essential for the international, national and local media, both general and specialised, to have regular information on the actions to be carried out, providing full coverage of the project and maintaining a greater presence in search engines on a regular basis.
Consulta Europa will create the profiles in the social media platforms following the visual line and the corporate image manual of the project, always respecting the requirements of the European programme regarding communication material and in coordination with the project coordination team and/or the communication team (if any). The selection of the platforms will be made following objective criteria, as well as having previously carried out an in-depth analysis of the social listening, searching for keywords and hashtags.
Consulta Europa will develop a social media content management strategy and plan. As part of this strategy, key messages and content of publications will be defined mainly related to the project: its activities, results, events, latest news, channels and the consortium. Specific campaigns will be made for the events that demand the largest public following, at least:
- The launch of the project;
- Events, milestones, transnational stakeholder roundtables and other related events.
- Final event of the project.
In addition, other themes related to the following aspects will be addressed:
- Project news to promote awareness of the programme.
- Updates, events, good practices, related to the thematic of the project.
- Activities and results of complementary European projects.
- Information on policies and funding in the sector.
- Dissemination of celebrations and events at European and international level.
The website is the main source of information about a European project, and often the first point of contact. The website acts as an information hub, directing stakeholders to news, events, social media accounts, technical guidelines and other project documents.
Together with the social networks, the communication and dissemination strategy of a project must have a website that serves as a display and showcase of the project in general to reach the target audience, and the general public, a virtual site that we can access and find out what is being done at that moment in the project, as well as serving as a landing page where the traffic that we capture through other communication channels, in addition to organic traffic, “lands”. Web positioning is fundamental to improve the visibility of the project in the virtual world.
Consulta Europa will create a website where all the project information will be posted and through which the progress and results of the project will be presented, always paying attention to the accurate translation of the contents into the languages of the countries that are part of the consortium. Some of the sections contemplated in the development of the web are:
- Project: Duration, funding, objectives, activities and results.
- Consortium: Partners and associates with their logos and links to their websites.
- News: news and events related to the topic that may be of interest to the target audience.
- Repository: project results and any other publications of interest.
- Link to social networks and newsletter subscription.
- References to the European programme in question. The link to the approved project page on the official website of the programme will also be specified.
The website will be adapted to all mobile devices with a responsive format, accessible programming and adaptable to each device. In addition, SEO techniques will be implemented, working especially on content and keywords, link acquisition and technical aspects of usability. In addition, the website will include several accessibility commitments based on WCAG 2.0 compliance criteria. Finally, metrics will be taken into account to measure impact, such as number and frequency of visits, interactions, countries and regions reached, downloads, etc.
The website will be constantly updated and will be designed following the visual line and the corporate image manual of the project, always respecting the indications of the European programme in terms of communication. In addition, Consulta Europa will develop a strategy and plan for the management and dissemination of content on the website as part of the project’s communication plan.
CREATION OF THE VISUAL IDENTITY AND CORPORATE IMAGE
Consulta Europa will develop the visual image and branding of the project in question, including the design of a corporate identity manual, as well as the creation of the visual identity of the project and the corresponding promotional material. As part of the corporate identity manual, the graphic line to be used in the communication channels to be set up will be designed, in addition to the corporate identity manual.
Consulta Europa has solid experience in organizing project kick-off meetings. In fact, it has been in charge of the general coordination of many international events.
Consulta Europa will plan different types of events aimed at specific groups and aimed at achieving specific objectives. Apart from the target groups and targets, the scale of the event (local, regional, national or international) and the requested number of events/conferences in different cases will have to be decided in the communication and dissemination plan. CE will provide guidelines and checklists to support the project partners in organizing the conferences. The guidelines will cover different tasks related to the preparation, conduct and evaluation of each event.
In addition to the management and constant updating of the website and social networks, Consulta Europa will make a press office available to the project to improve its online positioning and its appearance in the media. Along with the press office, services will also be provided in terms of graphic and web design, as well as video editing and post-production.
The actions that will be carried out from the press office contemplate different activities depending on the stipulated schedule. We offer media coverage services to attract the attention of the media regionally, nationally, and internationally.
Support in the organization and participation in events
Consulta Europa will support the organization and management of events, in addition to offering press coverage of the event and carrying out a digital campaign before, during and after the event to ensure that the impact and dissemination is successful. Likewise, Consulta Europa will proactively promote the participation of the project partners in related events at national and European/international level.
METHODOLOGY FOR THE ORGANIZATION
- Preparation of a proposal: to be discussed with the partners and with the communication team of the project, if there is one.
- Support in the organisation of events: confirmation of speakers, registration, preparation of presentations and group dynamics, supporting documents, interpretation into sign language, etc.
- Launch of the dissemination campaign: disclosure on the website, press and social networks. Monitoring before, during and after the event (digital impact)
- Execution of the event. Media coverage, sending press call
- Follow-up: Preparation of a final report (photographs, videos, presentations and networking conclusions), final press release and/or chronicle, publication of the event on the website, in the latest newsletter and on social networks.
The communication plan will outline the strategic lines for the organization of different types of events. Consulta Europa will provide guidelines to support your organization and seek synergies and exchanges.
- Face-to-face events. To complement the regional workshops, some dissemination events will be considered, led by members of the consortium, which could include creative formats such as “themed breakfasts” or informal gatherings for youth.
- Virtual events (local or at the consortium level), to complement or replace face-to-face events, depending on the evolution and the restrictive measures derived from COVID-19. These events may include: webinars focused on specific actors, podcasts and/or video interviews with partners, associates and local actors.
- Transnational meetings of the associated entities can be the occasion to involve interested parties, for example, through field visits.
Attendance at events: The participation of partners in events is extremely important to take advantage of synergies and promote networking. Consulta Europa will periodically provide a list of relevant events detected at national and European level