H2020 information day on Smart Cities
The WestMED Initiative is organising a webinar on November 3rd, 2021 titled “Sustainable Tourism Innovation”, with a special focus on the call for projects promoting a sustainable blue economy through regional maritime cooperation in the Western Mediterranean that has been recently published by the European Maritime Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund (EMFAF).
A dedicated call has been published for western Mediterranean stakeholders (northern and southern shore) under the EMFAF (European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund). This fund addresses green and sustainable coastal and maritime tourism.
In this webinar, the state of the art of green and sustainable tourism across the region will be discussed, with a focus on its challenges and highlight innovation opportunities.
The main topics of this workhop
- Two sides of the same coin? – Sustainable tourism destinations: scaling up sustainable green tourism vs reconverting mass tourism
- UfM & CPMR Handbook. Shared methods and tools for relaunching a sustainable tourism strategy
- EMFAF call European Maritime, Fisheries and Aquaculture Fund). Sustainable tourism in the Western Mediterranean .
- ROLE OF INNOVATION – Thematic discussions: ‘What can we do to …”
… Diversify Tourism products:
– Foster circularity in tourism towards the uptake of less invasive products and more sustainable ones.
– Cross-sectoral of synergies and complementarities of the tourism sector with other related sectors, in the blue economy and beyond.
… Accelerate innovation and skills-uptake
– Support the acceleration of innovation for local businesses and other socio-economic actors in the sector (tour operators, service providers, etc), towards the re-definition of fully sustainable (environmentally secure and profitable) business models, products and services.
– Improvement/building capacity/diversification of skills, especially digital skills aimed at strengthening and diversifying the ways in which territories can be visited and allow people to travel differently
By sharing the most recent policy actions and a range of practices of excellence across the western Mediterranean, this webinar seeks to contribute to this innovation process across the Mediterranean, towards a fully sustainable tourism sector.
A more detailed programme and of the event can be found here.
For more information, please refer to email@example.com